Before I used Audacity. And currently I use Audition to edit. They are both really good but there is something missing when it comes to editing. I have heard a lot about ProTools, Reaper and Hindenburg. I looked around a bit – ProTools didn’t look like a tools for me and certainly not an improvement from Audacity or Audition. But Hindenburg looked promising – I started a trial and have now used to edit one episode of the Podcast. And this is my thoughts.
- Beautiful application. Easy to navigate and find the tools. Doesn’t look clutter.
- Easy to import and export audio. Auto level the imported clips
- You can link tracks together – great if you have done interviews with multiple people on different channels.
- A ton of keyboard shortcuts that can speed up your workflow alot
- Markers – you can mark sections of the sound so you can easily edit your story.
- No real manual – you have to look at youtube to find shortcuts and techniques.
- To few filters – not enought to sound treat bad audio. That has to be done before hand.