- Welcome back – today we continue talking about audiograms. If you didn’t listen to yesterdays episode I recommend that you do that.
- In that episode I talked about two online services that can help you create audiogram for you without any major previously knowledge.
- Today we will talk about a different way to do these without the need of any external service.
- If you have access to Adobe Create Suite – you have Premier Pro (video editing software) and After Effects (animations).
- In Premier you determine the format – import the sound of your podcast and any art that you would like to have. You can also add subtitles and texts and all the other effects that you can easily do within premier.
- You need to make sure you have the sound that you want to visualize as either a wav or mp3 file.
- Create a new adjustment layer in premier – then change it for an after effects layer – then after effects should start up.
- In after effects you import the sound you want to visualize as a new layer.
- You can now delete the adjustmentlayer. Then you should create a new solid. You can the add a new effect to to the solid – there are the one called audio wave form.
- In the settings panel for the effect you can now select the audio layer as the one to visualize.
- Then you can go back to premier and complete the audiogram.
- You just need to render the project and you are all done.
- So what is really the difference?
- Premier Pro and AE is almost $50/month. If you do not already have them this is an expensive approach.
- But if you do have them you do not need to buy another service
- Requires that you know how to work with these applications. And it will likely be a bit more time consuming.
- You can do what ever you want withe Premier and AE not limited to the online services.
- How will I do? I will likely go with premier to start of with. I need to se what results these have before I want to spend more time with them.
- It is super hard to describe something like this in a podcast. But if you want to see this process in real life you can tune in to the Twitch Stream on Friday 4pm GMT+1. There you will be able to watch when I create a audiogram this way.
- I hope you enjoyed this episode. Feel free to share it with friends and family and if you have time why not drop a review on Itunes. It would help the audience for the podcast to grow and that would make me happy.
- Until tomorrow, have a great day! Ciao!
Leave a Reply